Thursday, May 7, 2015

What to do?

Okay, so I've been mulling this over for a while, and I still haven't been able to come up with anything.  I cannot seem to figure out a niche for myself professionally.  It's not that I don't have interests, it's just I can't seem to figure out something I would be qualified for and could get a job doing it. I like to do research, I like to write, I like fashion, I love music and really entertainment in general, and I really just want to do something creative.  The main problem is I don't have the right educational background, and it seems that jobs that I would be interested in even if I did would be very competitive. I recently went to the Popular Culture Association/ American Culture Association Conference, and it seemed to be that the average job was as a lecturer.  Personally, I have a bit of a phobia of public speaking, however; I noticed that quite a few of the presenters did not seem to have an affinity for it either.  The only thing though is, it is possible they were nervous about presenting in front of a group of fellow professionals who know just as much or possibly more on the subject than they did. Basically, that's not my only problem with it.  I just terrifies me in general, and honestly I don't see myself finding fulfillment in spending my days behind a podium. So, after going down that tortured path I guess what I'm trying to say is I would really like to be a part of that community, the only thing is I don't particularly want to teach.  I'd rather do.  I want to be part of a creative team of some kind.  But how do I go about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment